Now in the webstore: DIGITAL GIFT CERTIFICATES
It took a minute to configure this properly and test it, but we are now offering gift certificates for purchase through the webstore. The value of the gift certificate is chosen during the buying process so you can set any custom amount. Codes are generated automatically after purchase and are available for use immediately. They can be purchased for oneself or gifted directly to another person via email. Recommend this to friends and relatives if you have a hatchdate approaching, or gift someone some purchasing power. Gift cards can be purchased here.
WISHLIST / RECOMMENDATION LISTS
We have had wishlist functionality baked into the webstore for a while now, but have not spent a lot of time with it. Beyond just bookmarking releases that you are interested in for future listening or wishlisting things for friends or family, you can also maintain lists of recommended listening and share them via email or social media. The plugin allows you to maintain multiple lists and to set their privacy individually. People looking at your finished list will be able to go to the product description or purchase directly from the list itself.
To create and/or share a wishlist, follow these instructions.
1. Sign into your account at EyeAndEarControlRecords.com.
2. After signing in, you will be able to create a new wishlist or add items to an existing wishlist from within the individual item view on the webstore. Just navigate to an item, click add to wishlist, and you will be shown a list of your existing wishlists and an option to create a new list.
2. To edit, rename and share wishlists: Once you log in / any time you click on the “My Account” link in the main nav bar, you will see a menu to the right stacked vertically. In this menu, click on Wishlists. All of the saved wishlists will appear here. You can maintain multiple wishlists and use them as stored carts or bookmarks for yourself, or recommendations or gift ideas that you can share with others.
To inspect your lists, click the name of the wishlist that you want to look at – from here you can add or remove items on the wishlist or change it’s name / visibility.
If you wish to change the name of a certain list, click Settings when looking at that particular list. Text boxes will appear that will allow you to edit the name of your list and enter a description if desired.
3. In order to share a list, you have to change the privacy settings for that individual list to either Shared (anyone with the link can see it) or Public (Anyone can view). If you want your list to be searchable by your name or email address, you can also enter that information here, and anyone who searches by your name or email address will be able to see your wanlist if it is public.
6. Once saved, the list URL will be displayed and you can send that link to anyone you want to share that list with. There are also links to email or post the list to facebook or twitter. (See picture in step 3)
To see a list in action, we asked Cavan of Flash Out / Nocturnal Departure / Necrotic Liquefaction to give us a list of recommendations! Check out his list here, and be sure to see Nocturnal Departure when they open for Infernal Coil with Dukkha on June 21st at the Handsome Daughter!